Rumor has it, Arlovski is fighting Roy Nelson, Oct. 4th

Arlovski, Nelson agree to face off in October

Despite the cancellation of Affliction: Day of Recknoning, Andrei Arlovski and Roy Nelson will be competing in October. The two heavyweight fighters have inked deals with EliteXC and will face off at EliteXC: Heat on Oct. 4.

Arlovski (13-5), a former UFC heavyweight champion, was victorious in his Affliction debut in July, punishing Ben Rothwell en route to a third-round technical knockout

Nelson (13-2) was the last reigning IFL heavyweight titleholder whose only loss under the International Fight League banner was a split decision to Rothwell in April 2007. Nelson hopes to do what Rothwell couldn't, to beat Arlovski.

EliteXC: Heat is only weeks away and it takes place at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. The featured bout pits former street brawler Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson against MMA pioneer Ken Shamrock. In other action, Gina Carano takes on Kelly Kobald-Gavin, Murilo "Ninja" Rua clashes with Benji Radach and Jake Shields defends the welterweight crown against Cage Rage 170-pound kingpin Paul Daley.

The action will air live on CBS.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8603206/Arlovski,-Nelson-agre...
read more about it on Sherdog too!
http://sherdog.com/news/news/arlovski-nelson-tapped-for-cbs-14524

Tags: Arlovski, CBS, EliteXC, Roy Nelson

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So excited!!!!
is this legit or what? Fighting in elite xc?
I dont know anything about this Nelson dude, but Im assuming he will be another notch on Andrei's belt. I think elite xc is complete garbage though, hopefully we can handle business here and then get back with the big dogs where i expect the PITBULL to rule the Division
That's what i mean.. i really don't want him fighting with elite xc. The simple fact that kimbo and many washed up fighters are with them and people like fedor and other legends are with affliction is enough for me to think this would be a step backwards for andrei. Even if he does do it though.. i'll still love him
I know a number of people aren't all that excited about EliteXC and they might be wondering what Arlvoski's management is thinking... But if you had spent the past four months training for a match and you're in your prime fighting years, it might make sense to take the fight, especially a fight that might prove to be as intense as the Arlovski/Rothwell fight was.

Roy Nelson's record is 13-2. His two losses were only by decision. I saw this guy fight Rothwell and it was an intense fight. So regardless of what organization Andrei is fighting for, I'm going to watch him kick butt! It's espcially cool that this fight will be available on FREE TV. This could mean even great exposure for MMA in general if Arlovski and Nelson have a truly knock down exciting fight (cause, I'm sorry but the Kimbo Slice fights just don't do it for me)

Anyway, just my two-cents worth. I'll stand behind & support whatever decision AA's camp decides on.
~M4

RSS

Translate This Site To:

Latest Activity

sdae2 is now a member of Team Pit Bull
8 hours ago
Nathan Mellows liked Andrei Arlovski's photo
22 hours ago
Nathan Mellows commented on Andrei Arlovski's photo
Thumbnail

Great Workout with Ali Bagayitinov

"Sandia Peak in Albuquerque. Man, i'd love to train up there. Awesome. "
22 hours ago
Nathan Mellows liked Andrei Arlovski's photo
22 hours ago
Tammy Gail Mercer left a comment for Andrei Arlovski
"Hey, Andrei It's great to see you training!Glad you are updating us on how you are doing. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off. GOD Bless you and your family. Warlovski!!!! Love ya, Tammy"
Monday
Tammy Gail Mercer commented on Andrei Arlovski's photo
Thumbnail

Training Hard

"Glad to see u training hard. Warlovski!!!!"
Sunday
Revecca Pearson liked Andrei Arlovski's photo
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday